Sunday, June 8, 2008

Comfort Zones

If you want to grow you have to step out of your comfort zone.

All of the biggest breakthroughs in my life have occurred when I have totally stepped out of my zone, dating Kristin long distance, starting back to church, moving to Baton Rouge, and most recently going on an outreach at our church's Dream Center campus.

We loaded up on Saturday morning into the back of a pickup truck and headed into the ghetto of BR. I was terrified to be doing this, but decided to stick with it. I have never willingly done this in my life. I was not comfortable enough to be one of the people passing out drinks and care packets so all I did was pick up trash. It was honestly one of the most rewarding things I have done in a while. I am still not entirely comfortable with the idea but I will be doing it again.

No comments: