Thursday, January 8, 2009

New Year

Happy New Year!

I have started a new job which is awesome. I have a great team and a brand new property we are opening in Lafayette, LA. It is incredibly hard work but it is also very fulfilling.

Because of the new job I needed a new ride to get me to and fro. So I hopped over to Texas last weekend and picked up a Mazda RX-8. This is a sharp car with some great performance. It has much more power than the Bimmer. I do miss the Z3 but it was a good car and I was ready for a change. This car actually has a back seat, I have yet figure out what to do with it yet.

I am much more laid back and happy with life right now with the new job. During the time between jobs I had a lot of time to reflect on life and my relationship with God. I am convinced that this is why I feel better, and I am determined to keep it this way. Over the last year I let it slip away and was consumed by work and trying to make other people happy. This is not what life is about. There really is so much more.

1 comment:

Eric Brinson said...

So glad that things changed for the better....particularly for the timing!

The new sled is beautiful. Can't wait to meet her.

Someone once told me that healthy things change....it is awesome to know that your changes were indeed healthy.

Eric