Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sunday June 29, 2008

Sleep in. I almost forgot how to do this. But then again when you have stayed up to 3:30 shooting the breeze for the last two nights, you aren’t actually getting any extra sleep.

This weekend is the Porsche Club of Amreica’s annual Porsche Parade. The event took place in Charlotte this year. Sunday was the actual car show, and competition. There were people in the competition that were there at 6:30am wheels off their cars, actually cleaning their brakes with Q-tips. That’s some pretty serious stuff. So we walked down to the show, there were probably close to 500 Porsches lining the streets of Uptown Charlotte. It was a beautiful sight.
Most of these rides were immaculate. The only model of Porsche I did not see represented was the Porsche tractor. So they did a pretty good job of representing the entire gambit of Porsche history.

We then went down to the Lake rode the Jet skis and boats around, lounged around for the rest of the day.

After this weekend I don’t really want to go back to work. I just want to do things like this for the rest of my life. Although I guess I have to pay for it somehow.

No comments: