Friday, August 8, 2008

Life Without Kristin

What started out as a dreaded 17 days without Kristin, has amazingly turned around completely. As I watched her leave New Orleans I looked at the next 2 weeks with a sense of impending boredom and loneliness. Now 14 of those days have past I now say "she's coming back already?"

Don't get me wrong, I have missed Kristin like no other, but I can't believe the trip is almost over already.

It makes me understand, slightly, how much she is in the same mindset, that she can't believe it's time to come home already.

Of course I also had a mini vacation with my family in St. Simon's Island, Ga. This defiantly distracted me from her absence a little.

I got to hang with my family for a few days. One of the highlights of the trip was getting to play Thomas' new course, Brunswick Country Club (www.brunswickcountryclub.com). This course was designed by legendary Donald Ross, the Bob Ross of golf course design. The course is elegantly treacherous; it is wide open but deceiving when it comes to distance to the pin.

I can't wait to see my fiance again but I have an idea after the last 2 weeks as to how fast it can go by. I don't know if I am making known very clearly what my feelings are right now. What I am trying to say is that I now understand how short 2 weeks can be. I feel for her because she has to leave a place she has come to love after what is in reality a very short time. I now understand, albeit very small amount, how she is going to miss Swaziland.

I thank God for the work she has done over there and the work Swasziland has done on her.

Kristin, I can't wait to see you again!

No comments: