Tuesday, April 1, 2008

God's Spin

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I have been thinking today about blogging. I don't ever do it, and I've been told that either you do it or you don't. I see other people's blogs and think that everyone seems to have something to say every day, and I don't. So I though that I would just give it up and close my account today, but then I saw this story.

(http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,344350,00.html)

If you don't want to read it then here is a brief synopsis. A boy drew the picture seen above for his school assignment, and the teacher gave him a zero because it depicted a cross and religious verse. The teacher says that he was trying to promote religious views. The boy is suing because he says that there are figurines of buddha and indian gods around school and other kids were allowed to draw demonic images. So why is he not allowed to show his religious views.

I agree 100% with this kid. I think he has the right to draw whatever he wants, and that the school and all of these atheist fanatics out there don't have the right to try and take away a kid's first amendment right that they themselves so freely use. I believe that there is a minority in the US that is allowed to persecute/segregate against Christians, (who by the way founded the country and make up a majority of the population). I wish that something would be done about that, I would vote for that Guy, if he ran.

So my initial reaction was outrage at what was going on, but then God smacked me on the back of the head and said "No, look again." So I did, and I had to laugh. The anti-Christians out there have tried to block this kid and not show his religious values. But just like Romans 8:28 says God spun it around and this art and story has now been broadcast to a million times more people than would ever have seen it otherwise. This teacher and other "equal rights" activists were trying to stop the spread of God's message, but God will always find a way.

No comments: