Friday, April 25, 2008

HPC Men’s Conference

2 days, 4 main speakers, 2 awesome panel guests, and 2 hosts, what an awesome weekend.

Dino Rizzo and Mike Haman just hosted the first HPC Men’s Conference. They lined up some truly great speakers, Coach Bill McCartney, Kevin Mawae, Joel A’bell, and Zhenya Kasevich. There were two breakout sessions, the one I attended was hosted by Dino and was a panel with Julio Malara and Le Domainge. These two men are both very successful businessmen who’s calling in life is to make money for God and to minister to the business world. One of the questions that was asked was “What do you tell people when you are at a conference and a young man asks you what is your secret?” Julio said without hesitation “I answer my personal relationship with Jesus Christ.” He said that the usual reply is something like, “that’s great but what’s your secret?” So he tells them again. I could sit and glean knowledge from these two men for days on end.

The speaker who touched me the most was Joel A’bell of Hillsong in Australia. He talked about the 5 weaknesses or traits rather that the Devil likes to attack men with. I have to say that I defiantly struggle with one or two of them. And about when we get idle we tend to lose focus on what is important. He really made me realize that the last 2 months I have been focusing too much energy on work and allowing it to define me. I have been so intent on it that I have stopped reading the books that better my life, and stopped really studying the Bible. I had based too much of my happiness on what was happening at work and not on what was good in my life.

I have resolved to change those areas and have felt so much better over the last week. I am taking the problems at work in stride, and focusing on my relationship with God and Kristin. In just one week I have felt a change, I am sleeping better and more restfully, I have much more energy and I see God working in my life again.

What a great weekend.

1 comment:

Stu "da Kris" said...

Since no one else is saying it, Congrats.